Lots of people are doing this without knowing what is happening with their body. Yes, the article topics say all of it. I am talking about side effects of anabolic steroids. Before I can simply jump to steroids side effects, let’s first understand the basics of steroids.
What are steroids?
- If we talk in a simple language, steroids are synthetic derivatives of male sex hormone- Testosterone.
- Steroids are available in different forms and they have numerous effects on the body!
- It has been said to increase strength, muscle mass, and sometimes even reduces fat. The results are quick.
How does muscle building effects of steroids occur?
- There are androgen receptors which bind on the side of the compounds to the muscle and as a result, it increases glycogen, which increases its muscle size and strength, giving you quick results!
Reasons why you should not take steroids?
You can take steroids in 2 forms- either needle or oral.
Oral steroids can be toxic.
The liver cannot tolerate high doses of oral steroids.
Talking about steroid injections, they are bonded with oil and can cause skin infections.
The irony here is that the more toxic the steroids are, the more effective are the results!
Here are some steroids side effects:
- Since steroids have a high dosage of testosterone, they can cause blackouts.
- The person taking steroids experiences mood swings very often.
- Steroids have the tendency to accelerate baldness if it is hereditary.
- The body is covered with acne. Multiple breakouts are very common.
- Gynecomastia/chest fat becomes prominent in guys taking steroids which can only be removed with surgery.
- Kidneys are affected because of increase in blood clotting due to oral steroids. Removal of these steroids put a tremendous pressure on the kidney to flush it out of the body.
- Excess use leads to eye vessel damage.
- It increases bad cholesterol i.e. LDL in the body, which completely disturbs the lipid profile of the body!
- Impotence is something which can hit steroid consumers hard!
“Choose what’s good for you before you take your body for granted”
How do steroids affect a woman’s body?
- As discussed, steroids are synthetic derivatives of male hormones. This means it can affect a woman’s body in a huge way!
- Hoarse voice, severe hair fall, water retention, irregular menstrual cycle, or no menstrual cycle are the worst symptoms of steroids side effects.
- People always say that weight lifting can make women bulky. That is absolutely wrong! In fact, steroids do that work; so the myth should be changed soon!
Key points: –
- It’s not just about your health, but also about the law. Use of steroids is banned in most of the countries because of its fatal effects. If you still manage to get steroids, you are breaking the law.
- Sportsmen are checked for their steroidal used. If caught, they will be banned from the session!
Read Also – Need Those Toned Abs? Try Out These Exercises!
“Good looks are important, but certainly not at the cost of your health!”