The Samsung Galaxy Gear is a smartwatch which is produced by Samsung Electronics in the Samsung Gear family of devices. Pranav Mistry, the Global Senior Vice President of Research at Samsung and the head of Think Tank Team is the man behind Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch. Many have not much information about Mr. Mistry, so let’s unfold some facts about him.
Pranav Mistry Is a:
- Computer Scientist
Major Inventions and Discoveries:
- Mistry is best known for his work on SixthSense, Samsung Galaxy Gear and Project Beyond.
14 May 1981
Place of birth:
North Gujarat, India
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from the Nirma Institute of Technology
- Master’s degree in Media Arts and Sciences from MIT
- Master of Design from Industrial Design Centre, IIT Mumbai.
World Economic Forum honoured Mistry as one of the Young Global Leader2013.
#Global Vice President of Research at Samsung and the head of Think Tank Team.
#He introduced Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch in 2013. Previously, he worked with Microsoft, Google, CMU, NASA, UNESCO, Japan Science & Technology to name a few.
#He was best known for his invention Sixth Sense which is a wearable device that allows new interactions between a real world and the data world.
#But apart from this significant innovation which has etched his name in technological history, his oeuvre boasts of many inventions some of them are as follows:
- Mouseless – An invisible computer mouse.
- SPARSH – A novel way to copy and paste the data between digital devices.
- Quickies – intelligent sticky notes that can be searched, located and can also send reminders with messages.
- Blinkbot – A gaze and blink controlled a robot; a pen that can draw in 3D.
- TaPuMa – a Tangible Public map that can act as Google of the physical world