Quick Notes about Isaac Newton to know
Inventions and Discoveries?
• Gravitational force (1687)
• Reflective Telescope
• Pet Door
• The law of inertia
• Law of motion (1687)
• Newton’s theory of colour.(colour spectrum)
• The act of cooling
• Binomial Theorem
• Newton-Raphson Method
Date of Birth:
4th January 1643.
Place of birth:
Woolsthorpe, Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom
31st March 1727
He studied at the University of Cambridge, Trinity College, The King’s School.
Place of death:
London, England, United Kingdom
• Sir Isaac Newton was born on 4th January 1643. (As per the “old” Julien calendar, Newton’s birth date is displayed as December 25, 1642)
• He lived in Woolsthorpe a village in southwestern Lincolnshire, England, in the house entitled as ‘Manor house’.
• After a basic education in local schools, at the age of twelve, he joined King’s School in Grantham, England, and lived in the house of a pharmacist named Clark.
• Isaac Newton built mechanical devices, including a windmill run by a live mouse, floating lanterns, and sundials in Clark’s laboratory.
• He became an established physicist and mathematician and got credited as one of the great minds of the 17th century Scientific Revolution.
• In 1687, he published his most acclaimed work, Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy, which is said to be only and the most influential book on physics.
• Newton died in London on March 31, 1727.