- Venture Capitalist
Major Inventions and Discoveries?
- Inventor of the Pentium chip
Place of birth?
- B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering from Delhi College of Engineering (presently, Delhi Technological University)
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering Solid State Electronics from the University of Cincinnati, Ohio; USA.
He has been the recipient of the Global Indian Achievers and NRI Achievement Award.
In addition to this, he was also appointed by President Bill Clinton. During this period he had served the Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
- He is hailed as Father of the Pentium chip, for inventing the world famous Pentium processors from Intel.
- Dhan’s life changed when he joined National Cash Register (NCR) at Dayton, Ohio in 1977. During his presentation at IEEE conference in Monterrey, California, he received a job offer by Intel.
- Furthermore, in his 16-year stint with Intel, he invented and came up with many ideas. This included Intel’s first Flash memory technology (ETOX) which he co-founded in Intel.
- Also, Dham played an instrumental role in the launch of K6– the “Pentium killer” processor at rival AMD.
- After spending a year at AMD post-acquisition, Dham joined Silicon Spice as its President and CEO in April 1998.
- Moreover, he also became an incubator and launched NewPath Ventures.
- Not only this but Dham has also been a Board member and an advisor to dozens of private and public companies.
- At last, he came back to entrepreneurship and started an online technology education startup called Acadgild. He co-founded this along with entrepreneur duo – Krishnan Ganesh and Meena Ganesh.
Hard work always pays off. One can witness this in the life story of Vinod Dham. As a result of his hard work, he has been able to reach the unreachable heights. Furthermore, he has proved to be an example of sheer dedication.