How Many Of These 11 Fashion Facts Did You Actually Know?
If you thought you knew a lot about fashion, then you have got to read this article.
Fashion has had a very diverse and an interesting history throughout. You might as well know a few fun facts about the emergence and existence of some trends you know now of. These 11 fashion facts will shock you, surprise you, and make you say: “Oh my God!”
- Having short hair is a fashion trend nowadays. But, according to fashion facts, this wasn’t always the case. Did you know that in the early 1800s and 1900s, women having short hair were considered unfaithful? Women with short hair were a symbol of infidelity.
- Do you know what was the second oldest garment in the history of fashion after the loincloth? It was the Skirt. And in the 18th & 19th-century fashion facts, skirts were not just worn by women, but by men too!
- During the Renaissance period, European women began the practice of removing hair from their body (not the legs or arms, but only eyebrows and the hair on the forehead). It was said to be very fashionable. Hence, mothers rubbed walnut oil on their children’s eyebrows and forehead to prevent any facial hair. Isn’t that super weird?
- Did you know that up to the 19th century, designers showcased their collection on dolls rather than models? Apparently, there was no concept of modeling back then.
- Hollywood actresses today are proudly showing their baby bump fashionably! However, you would be surprised to know that back in the 15th century, being pregnant was a very popular trend. Women who weren’t pregnant used to stuff pillows under their clothes to fake a baby bump!
- False eyelashes are a popular trend today. But did you know that the first false eyelashes were created by producer G.W Griffith in 1916? Only because he wanted to enhance the beauty of the Seena Owen (actress ) in his film. They were made of actual human hair!
- The first issue of Vogue magazine was published on 17th December 1982 in the United States of America.
- The crocodile of the brand “ Lacoste “ was the first brand name to appear as a logo.
- Did you know that one bale of cotton that weighs under 500 pounds can make 215 pairs of jeans?
- The longest wedding dress has a trail of 1.85 miles. It took 3 miles of taffeta and 18 feet lace to make it. Woah! Definitely the World’s Longest Dress!
- High Heels were initially worn by both men and women. Men wore it since it was easier for them to ride on horses. This style faded by 1740s.