Incredible Confluences Around The World
Nature shows some unbelievable things to humans.
And today we are talking about confluences that are a meeting of two or more bodies of water which are super surreal.
These confluences look photoshopped but they are real. Check out these awe-inspiring confluences and just admire the nature:
1. Thompson and Fraser – Lytton, BC, Canada
2. Green river and Colorado river – Utah
3. Ohio and Mississippi rivers – Fort Defiance, Il
4. Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers – Ganges
5. Rio Negro and Amazon River – Manaus Brasil
6. Jialing and Yangtze Rivers – Chongqing, China
7. Mosel and Rhine Rivers – Koblenz, Germany
8. Drava and Danuve Rivers ~ Osijek, Croatia
9. Tripple confluence! Ilz, Danube, and Inn Rivers – Passau, Germany
10. Rhone and Arve Rivers in Geneva, Switzerland
There are 26 more rivers which meet at on source to make a new river they are as-
- Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada is the confluence of the Niagara River and Lake Ontario.
- The Sangam, near Allahabad, India, where the sacred rivers Ganges and Yamuna meet to create one of the holiest places.
- The Madison, Jefferson and Gallatin Rivers in Three Forks, Montana is quite famous in the world. They form the confluence of the Missouri River, one of the longest rivers in the United States. (2,341 miles (3,767 km)).
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, is at the confluence of the Gombak River (previously known as Sungai Lumpur, which means muddy river) and the Klang River.
- Belgrade, the capital of Serbia lies at the confluence of the Sava and Danube Rivers.
- The Hochelaga Archipelago, including the island and city of Montreal, is located at the confluence of the St. Lawrence River and Ottawa River in Quebec, Canada.
- The two largest rivers in Australia, the Darling, and the Murray converge at Wentworth, New South Wales.
- Rovaniemi, the capital of Finnish Lapland and one of the largest towns above the Arctic Circle, is at the confluence of rivers Ounasjoki and Kemijoki.
- Winnipeg, Canada, is at the confluence of the Red River, and the Assiniboine River. The area is referred to as The Forks by locals and has been an important trade location for over 6000 years.
- The confluence of the rivers Danube and Morava in Devín on the border between Slovakia and Austria.
- Triangle of Three Emperors, former tripoint in Europe.
- Cairo, Illinois, in the United States, where the Ohio River flows into the Mississippi River.
- St. Louis, Missouri, is built just south of the confluence of the Mississippi River and the Missouri River.
- Lyon, France is located at the confluence of the Saône and Rhone rivers.
- The confluence of the Franklin River and Gordon River in south-western Tasmania
- The confluence of the Snake and Columbia River at the Tri-Cities of Washington.
- The confluence of the rivers Pivka and Rak is one of the largest subterranean confluences in Europe.
- The confluence at Lokoja, Nigeria, where the Niger and Benue rivers merge.
- The Sudanese capital of Khartoum, located at the confluence of the White Nile and the Blue Nile. This merging point is the beginning of the Nile.
- Columbus, Ohio, in the United States, is at the confluence of the Scioto and Olentangy rivers.
- Luang Prabang in Laos is at the confluence of the Mekong and Nam Khan rivers.
- River Kabul and River Swat at Attock, in Pakistan.
- Al-Basra in Iraq, at the town of Al-Qurnah, is the confluence of the rivers Tigris and Euphrates forming Shatt al-Arab.
- Portland, Oregon is at the confluence of the Columbia River and the Willamette River.
- Harpers Ferry, West Virginia is located where the Shenandoah River flows into the Potomac River.
- Kryvyi Rih, Ukraine is located (and named after) on the confluence of the Saksahan and Inhulets River.
In total there are around 36 confluences in the world today.