We are so busy in our daily routine that exercising has taken a back seat now. There was a period of time where gym had become a trend.
Every person thought of getting themselves toned with the gym. But, the trend soon came down when people had no time to go there and workout.
Everyone needs a shortcut, and people are searching shortcuts for fitness too. 20-minute workout, the 30-minute workout is something which people go ahead with! Calisthenics is one of those quick but very effective workouts!
What is calisthenics?
if you split the word- Calis (Kallo in Greek means beauty) and Thenics (Thanos in Greek means strength). Calisthenics is an exercise which brings in muscular strength, extreme flexibility, inch loss, and overall toning! The word might seem quite different, but this exercise doesn’t require any gym equipment.
All it is needs is some time and your complete body! If these 2 things are put in, you can see 100% results! Everyone has different requirements. Some people want to lose weight, while some want to build up muscle. Some people are extremely fit, but they lack flexibility.
Calisthenics is the solution to this! Some yoga and aerobic moves are included in the high-level calisthenics. It helps in burning excess fat, but the results are seen with continuous calisthenics for no less than 4 months! Calisthenics works on relieving muscle tension as well which is quite beneficial for the people with long sitting hours.
That was all about calisthenics. But unlike the gym, calisthenics has no age restrictions. If you are looking for above-mentioned issues, you can try this!
You can do calisthenics anywhere and there are no place restrictions. But like any other exercise, monitoring your posture is important in calisthenics too.
One wrong move and you can injure yourself for life! People who suffer from issues like some kind of back pain or knee pain, spondylosis, scoliosis, osteoporosis, arthritis, etc. must take their doctor’s opinion before performing calisthenics. Expert advice is anyways better.
Let’s focus on the most important body parts which one should tone!
(This is very important before you start off with any exercise. This is for shaping up the body, give you more flexibility to do exercises, and also to give a perfect grace to the body for doing the exercises.)
- Stand erect with hands stretched out sideways or keeping it on your waist.
- Gently twist to the left, hold for 20 seconds. and repeat on the other side.
- Do 2 sets of 10 repetitions on each side. Gradually increase the sets and the repetition.
- Try touching your toes and hold there for 20 seconds.
- Come back to the normal position and repeat it again.
- Do 4 sets and gradually repeat the sets.
Side bend (side stretch)
- Stand with feet apart.
- Bend sideways and hold in this position as much as you can. Breathe well.
- Repeat stretching on opposite side and do 3 sets and gradually increase the sets.
- Stand with toes of one leg and raise it.
- Hold on for support.
- The lower heel should be towards the floor (try as much as possible), raise and repeat several times.
- Heels should not touch the floor which needs to be taken care.
- Switch legs and do at least 10 repetitions each.
- Increase the repetitions gradually.
- Clasp your fingers behind your back. Make sure your posture is absolutely correct. Take expert guidance.
- Hold in the clasped finger position for no less than 15 seconds before you repeat on the other side.
Tone up your hips and thighs!
Squats- Zero equipment squat
- This is the simplest squat which one should try; and unless you get this one currently, don’t go on trying variations in different squats. (Different types of squats will be covered up in the upcoming article, stay tuned!)
- Keep your feet hip-width apart.
- Feet slightly pointed out.
- Squat to where your knees reach and then try to maintain the weight through your heels. Remember, do not put much pressure on your knees or you will injure yourself.
- Return to standing position and do 1 sets of 10 reps. Gradually increase the intensity of exercises.
Lunges- Zero equipment lunges
- Stand straight and stretch your right leg forward.
- Kneel down on the left leg, make sure your back is straight and you maintain the same posture throughout.
- Come back to standing position and repeat on the left leg.
- Do 2 sets of 10 repetitions and gradually increase it.
(Different types of lunges will be covered in the upcoming articles, stay tuned)
Tone up your abs!
- Lie on your back and bend your knees at 90-degree angle.
- Support your head with your hands if you are not confident enough to lift up your body or too much pressure comes on your head.
- Now lift your upper body using your abs (The core part).
- Return to the starting position and do 2 sets of 10 reps.
- Increase it gradually once you are comfortable with the posture.
(Different types of crunches will be covered in the upcoming articles, stay tuned)
- The best abs toning workout so far!
- Refer this article to know more about planks.