The moment winter kicks in, our immunity goes for a toss!
This might sound like Dadi-maa-ka-nuska kind of thing, but trust me…these nuskas (tips) work better than the costliest medicine in the world!
I know you must be thinking that when you get Chyawanprash ready in the market, then what’s the need to make it at home?
Well, I agree with you. But you might not be aware of the number of processing that Chyawanprash goes through.
When it is about your health, it is better to be on the safer side and nothing is better than making it yourself with absolute safety!
Read on to find out how homemade Amla Chyawanprash builds health and immunity.
How To Make Amla Chyawanprash At Home?
– Amla (1/2 kg)
– Jaggery (1cup)
– Honey (1/4th cup)
– Ghee (5 tbsp)
– Raisins (Handful)
– Soft dates (11-12)
– Cardamon (6-9)
– Black peppercorns (9-10)
– Cinnamon powder (1 tbsp)
– Fennel seeds (1 tbsp)
– Saffron (10 strands)
– Star Anise (1/2)
To prepare homemade amla chyawanprash, you have to:
– Grind all the given spices together (Make it a fine powder)
– Boil amlas and remove the pit of it once it cools down
– Put amla, dates, and raisins in a blender. Make a smooth puree out of it
– In a pan, put some ghee and add the pureed amla, dates and raisins
– Cook it for 10 minutes until the ghee starts separating.
– Add jaggery and honey to the puree obtained after the ghee is separated. Cook it for 5 minutes.
– Add all the spices and cook it on low flame till it becomes a sticky mass.
– After the above procedure is done, test it by putting a small ball in the water. The ball which is added to the water should not sink or spread. Once it is done, store it in air tight container.
What Are The Benefits Of Having Homemade Amla Chyawanprash?
– Homemade amla chyawanprash acts as an immunity booster
– It helps in getting rid of a cough and cold
– Amla is loaded with excellent vitamin C
– Dates, raisins, and jaggery are rich in iron
– Homemade amla chyawanprash is a powerful antioxidant
– It is a rich source of calcium, phosphorous and vitamin B complex
What is the dosage of taking Homemade Amla Chyawanprash?
– For Babies (above 1.5 years): – 1 tbsp with milk once a day
– For children (Below 14 years): – 1 and ½ tbsp. with water once a day.
– Adults: – 1 tbsp. with water twice a day