Benefits and facts of Red bananas
You might have eaten yellow and green coloured bananas, but apart from these, there are red bananas too which are unfortunately less popular and available but is higher in nutritional value and should be added to your diet! Not only are their looks different but the way it works for our body is different as well.
Read on to know why one must eat Red bananas:
Helps to lose weight
This type of bananas helps in reducing weight as there are fewer calories and few bananas can fill up your stomach. One banana contains only 90 calories.
Provides with instant energy
Furthermore, Red Bananas are known for being instant energy provider. And that’s why many sportsmen consume red bananas during intervals it converts natural sugar into instant energy.
It helps you to quit smoke
Yes ! It contains vitamin C, B-6, potassium, and magnesium. And these nutrients aid to recover body from intake of nicotine in the body.
Helps to maintain blood sugar level and is good for hair and eyes as well.
Eating red bananas in between the food helps to maintain blood sugar level. Moreover, they are rich in potassium, natural oils, carbohydrates and many vital vitamins which soften the hair and maintains its elasticity. Loaded with necessary nutrients like fat-soluble vitamin A, they are also good for eyes.
In addition to the above information, there are a variety of common names under which red bananas are called. These are.
In English, it is called as red banana, red Dacca, Claret banana, Cavendish banana “Cuban Red”, Jamaican red banana and Cavendish banana.
Read on to know some more names of red bananas:
- Bulgarian: Cherven banan, Червен банан (Bulgarian),
- Burmese: Shwe nget pyaw.
- Chinese: Hong guo jiao 紅果蕉
- Danish: Kubabanan, Æblebanan, Rød banan.
- Dutch: Rode banaan, Cubabanaan.
- French: Figue rose (Guadeloupe, Martinique), Figue rouge (Haiti), Figue rouge-vin, Figue violette (Guadeloupe), Bacove violette (French Guiana), Banane rouge, Banane violette, Banane de Cuba
- German: Weinrote Banane, Kuba Banane
- Greek: Kōkkini banāna (Κόκκινη μπανάνα)
- Hindi: Lāl kélā
- Indonesia: Pisang Susu Merah
- Italian: Banana rosa, Banana di Cuba
- Japanese: Baracoa
- Korean: Bbalgan banana
- नेपाली : रातो केरा
- Malaysian: Pisang Raja udang
- Portuguese: Banana roxa (Brazil), Bananeira roxa, Banana vermelha
- Polish: Czerwony banan (Poland),
- Russian: Krasniy banan, красный банан (Russian),
- Sinhalese: Rathambala රතඹලා
- Spanish: Banano color clarete, Tafetan (Colombia), Tafetan morado (Colombia), Guineo morado (Cuba),
- Colorado (Puerto Rico), Platano colorado, Plátano rosado (Ecuador), Plátano rojo (Perú)
- Tagalog: Morado
- Tamil: Sevvazhai செவ்வாழை
- Thai: Kluay nak (กล้วยนาก)
- Malayalam: Chovazha, Chenkadali (ചെങ്കദളി), Kappa Pazham
- Sanskrit: रक्तकदली