I am sure, a lot of articles/blogs related to coffee are posted every day. And why not? Coffee is one of the most interesting beverage one can ever get!
If you ask me, I can drink coffee, talk about coffee, and just coffee throughout the day!
Maybe that’s coffee love! 😊
My coffee love has forced me to write about this newly invented Bulletproof coffee.
The word is a bit weird, but just like a bullet, it can hit you hard within a fraction of a second! Bulletproof coffee might protect you from hitting hard.
That might be a bit lame. But, this coffee is something like it.
So, What is Bulletproof Coffee?
It is not your average coffee.
It is an upgraded version of your coffee.
Come on, scratch your heads.
Which ingredients can upgrade your coffee beans?
So, I am finally ending the suspense.
Ingredients of Bulletproof Coffee/Upgraded Coffee: –
- Coffee beans
- Grass fed butter/Grass fed ghee
- Brain octane oil (8 carbon chained medium chain triglyceride)
How is Bulletproof Coffee Made?
- Brew 1 cup of coffee beans using filtered water with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of freshly ground bulletproof coffee.
- Add 1 tsp- 2 tsp of brain octane oil.
- Start with 1 tsp per cup and increase it to 1 tbsp.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of grass-fed butter/ghee.
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a foam.
I am sure this coffee would have made you re-read the ingredients. But you read that right. This coffee has butter, and it tastes amazing!
What do the experts say about bulletproof coffee?
- Replace your high carbohydrate breakfast like cornflakes, muesli, granola to get a quick burst of energy.
- Bulletproof coffee is said to suppress hunger, give a boost of long-lasting energy, and helps in giving proper cognitive functioning.
Let me just brief you about how does it work according to the experts!
- Suppresses hunger
- Brain octane oil in bullet coffee is said to balance your hunger hormones- ghrelin and CCK (Cholecystokinin), which helps in keeping you full until your next meal.
- Long lasting energy
- Grass-fed butter/ghee has saturated fat which slows the absorption of caffeine. So, the sudden spike and sudden crash of energy don’t happen.
- Cognitive functioning
- Brain Octane oil used in bulletproof coffee helps in rapid conversion to ketones, a type of molecule that your brain can use more efficiently than carbs or sugar. Pair ketones with the slowly releasing caffeine, and you can feel your brain alert and will help you in better understanding.
This was about the whole bulletproof coffee!
Now let us throw some light on different ingredients added to this coffee as mentioned above!
- Grass-fed butter is higher in essential nutrients.
- You need good fats for hormone balance and brain health.
- Grass-fed butter contains omega-3 fatty acids, beta-carotene, fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, CLA and antioxidants.
- Grass-fed butter/ghee is high in butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid which helps in reducing inflammation.
Brain Octane oil
- Brain Octane oil is a key ingredient in bulletproof coffee.
- It raises fat-burning.
- Brain Octane is a purified form of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) derived from 100% pure coconut oil.
- Brain Octane is flavorless, odorless, and easy on your stomach, unlike some other MCT oils, which can give you gastrointestinal discomfort.
This article gives you insights into what bulletproof coffee is and different expert views on the same.
However, I have some different views on the same.
To know more about my views, stay tuned for our upcoming video on bulletproof coffee!